Complete Newbie: What type of mooring should I look for?

DanielBiggin

Featured Posts

9 hours ago, Mark Dexter said:

New builds are dragged up by the cost of older boats, its just basic market forces. If old boats have risen which they have by a huge margin then new builders get more otherwise a new boat would be nearly the price of an old one and the huge amount of money thrown away on a new build would not be there. There are many reasons for boat prices having risen but apart from the massive growth in live aboards,  the last year and coming year has shown substantial growth in boats sold for holidaymakers that cannot go abroad, the same can be seen in the cost of older motorhomes and campervans which have risen sharply. When this covid mularky has abated there will be a glut of hobby boats up for sale and prices will drop. I speak from a personal experience of owning, buying and selling my 8 boats over a period of 31 years as a live aboard.

• Greenie 1

17 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

New builds are dragged up by the cost of older boats, its just basic market forces. If old boats have risen which they have by a huge margin then new builders get more otherwise a new boat would be nearly the price of an old one and the huge amount of money thrown away on a new build would not be there. There are many reasons for boat prices having risen but apart from the massive growth in live aboards,  the last year and coming year has shown substantial growth in boats sold for holidaymakers that cannot go abroad, the same can be seen in the cost of older motorhomes and campervans which have risen sharply. When this covid mularky has abated there will be a glut of hobby boats up for sale and prices will drop. I speak from a personal experience of owning, buying and selling my 8 boats over a period of 31 years as a live aboard.

Yes Tim I bought cheaply a type 3 VW just before lockdown and even after the couple of thousand I have spent on it I would double my money on it

• Greenie 1