bonding battens

Featured Posts

On the aforementioned back door panels which had come adrift, it was apparent that the previous glue (I don't know what it was) had gone rock hard, and that it was the glue itself that had failed, rather than the bond between glue and wood or glue and steel. In the end I sacrificed a small multi-tool blade to get the remains off the surfaces.

34 minutes ago, AndrewIC said:

On the aforementioned back door panels which had come adrift, it was apparent that the previous glue (I don't know what it was) had gone rock hard, and that it was the glue itself that had failed, rather than the bond between glue and wood or glue and steel. In the end I sacrificed a small multi-tool blade to get the remains off the surfaces.

It could have been polyurethane. Because it foams some folk think it has gap filling properties. It doesn’t, it’s very weak in the foamy bits and joints must be well clamped until it has set.