MasterVolt Combi battery settings

JonesBoy

Featured Posts

New member saying hello to everyone.

I have been looking at this site for quite a while and it has been very helpful.

Have a query regarding a Mastervolt Mass Combi 12/2500-100 fitted around 2012, not by us.

I am fitting some new battery’s and the charge voltage setting recommended by battery manufacturer do not match any of the pre-set battery types on the Mass combi. I need to connect a laptop to combi and use Master Adjust software to adjust these settings. However this combi does not have a MasterBus connection just QRS232.

Mastervolt supply lots of interfaces (at crazy prices), has anyone adjusted the setting and know which interfaces I need to connect to laptop.

Many thanks

36 minutes ago, JonesBoy said:

the charge voltage setting recommended by battery manufacturer do not match any of the pre-set battery types on the Mass combi

What voltages are you looking to achieve?

(Just in case no-one can help with the interface question)

5 hours ago, JonesBoy said:

Manufacturer data says bulk & absorption 14.70 Volts, Float 13.50 Volts

In that case the Traction setting will do just fine until you can tweak it :)

Hmmm tricky! The Combi has what it calls a QRS232 interface, which stands for “Quasi-RS232”. As far as I can tell it is RS232 using 0v and 5v levels, ie direct from a 5v microprocessor, as opposed to normal RS232 levels of +12v and -12v or thereabouts.

As far as I can tell there isn’t a QRS232 to USB interface, there is only a QRS232 to serial interface called a PC-Link, so with most PCs no longer having a serial interface, you need a serial to USB adaptor too. Lots of scope for all that to not work!

And, good luck with finding the PC-link product for sale, part number 21730300, I couldn’t find it.

Of course Mastervolt generally runs on their CANBUS-based Masterbus system and you can easily get a Combi to Masterbus adapter, and a Masterbus to USB adaptor.... at a price! (Edit, no that wouldn’t work as you need a “powering” device in the CANBUS network.)

I think it highly likely that a cheapo ebay TTL level RS232 to USB converter from eBay would work, and the pin out is available on the mastervolt website, if you are into experimenting. This sort of thing https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PL2303-TA-USB-to-TTL-RS232-Serial-Adapter/283657053343?epid=18022329686&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item420b47249f:g:KM0AAOSwM0hdt01b&enc=AQAFAAACYBaobrjLl8XobRIiIML1V4Imu%2Fn%2BzU5L90Z278x5ickk7PdDazAlGltMLJlUhrWsD6VvOCguJhWgSYMCVLNJNeZebjf6q9yVPNxkv5eRDiKrha0EhTloOKpVRUtZYbD9gTKeWIHz03ZTMLIAFgNPIL59jZqume3cWe2CnuxGExVV2RqjWqQ5jZH6%2BaYBVeWp%2F4B0hGWqibODHbgsbDa2S%2BsZh0z8M8aNaybNw5BS1bbqbuWOkqOBBkJvapmUggJ7piaNuF17Mn%2B6OgmxLmvc%2FEB5jIQjPxF8IWoKCs4GWw6nz8iriaY3FindDIjwgTBp5ukFSMNE2EPwxSg839HkaXafVleEPvSPtZFKR28Xntqa3vJtlIMBia8rgt0b7%2F%2BlnPh6oa2KsaMtNVHRRgjyGCDISTPW55yYSSYy0Xy2D84rcmEJlufbE%2Fwsrfuq0HICZWgTM2gYUE%2BzW3NiOgp9JZRe%2BEzOFoI86QjyYsrmlSc4DDnytZyQMjLxIjGhe8OOXOHr1hp%2BMPemwsc6gf9UnTolqQHWnLeVqPcn1P%2Fyx%2BdtinSqxLC7PHlYbusFzQ1%2Fzqr5Zjr6GGFrozaCdNYimPnmbf61WKMtGDRzD%2ByH7Ull5HG8B%2FW1ulzcYljW3HQFS4JNlkOxi%2FUIzrc4ivHCiQSqd6T2NUcm%2BW6zQqGhyGuCQsPvnDeityEl8eajVanzFyB8qmt%2BMkcTBNyiEtC4eZVPkmUkd84KLl%2BzfeR92g3vTt703EaHixNNYafOGQIaR4y6ixdFtqCezXxaRBvWThunt5ZQRnKTzkCFKVGwugTO&checksum=283657053343f1b43045de314412ac937de869bc8326

Or of course you could just stick with the Traction settings!

Edited by nicknorman

Thanks for replies.

Don’t worry, didn’t see any personal data on Nicks link.:)

Do you think a Masterbus-Serial interface then connected to a Masterbus-USB interface would work?

The spec of the USB-interface says if PC is switched on it can power up to three non-powering devices.

Just want to make sure batteries last as long as poss plus I could carry out an equalizing charge if needed without trying to get them dip switches to work. Mastervolt don’t make owt easy!!

2 hours ago, JonesBoy said:

Thanks for replies.

Don’t worry, didn’t see any personal data on Nicks link.:)

Do you think a Masterbus-Serial interface then connected to a Masterbus-USB interface would work?

The spec of the USB-interface says if PC is switched on it can power up to three non-powering devices.

Just want to make sure batteries last as long as poss plus I could carry out an equalizing charge if needed without trying to get them dip switches to work. Mastervolt don’t make owt easy!!

You need to be careful with the terminology! You need a Mass Combi to Masterbus interface, product code 77030475, which isn’t the same thing as a Masterbus to serial interface. Then as you say a Masterbus to USB interface. That should work, I am just a bit confused about the powering or non-powering thing. At least one of the devices needs to be a powering device. The Masss Combi one does say it’s powering in the manual, but then goes on to show it connected to a powering device (mastershunt). Presuming it really is a powering device then it should be fine. Oh just noticed the USB interface says it’s a powering device too, so surely it must work!?

We have a mass Combi to Masterbus interface as part of our system, and also a Masterview Easy display on the Masterbus which allows me to change any and all Combi settings at will. Very useful, but not cheap.