narrow boat afloat (dover)

dccruiser

Featured Posts

When they were filming this, I think the idea was to travel "Dover"s' old trading route from B'ham to London, mixing history with the canals today, places, interesting characters etc. They wanted to film a piece at Stockton Drydock where our horse boat "Bride" was going to have her knees hot riveted back in after the hull had been straightened and re-bottomed. Similar to what had been done to "Dover".Graeme was happy to be filmed doing the work, but not the talk, so would I be willing to be interviewed about the boats' history, what was being done, why was I squandering my inheritance on a rusty wreck etc.. Reluctantly, yes.

Anyway, come the day the crew duly turn up, stick their heads round the door and promptly decide that hot riveting is far too noisy and dirty to film, no they hadn't brought ear defenders or scruffy clothes. So they went and sat by the lock and talked to Tim Higton of Warwickshire Flyboats instead. Probably very interesting, I haven't seen the prog. Makes you wonder, though, how well researched it can be if they didn't know that riveting would be noisy..... :rolleyes:

Rick M

1055360870_5c7540141e.jpg

Graeme at work

1055360834_ec5c1f3782.jpg

Tim in background, plus film person with fingers in ears!

Ummmm . . . one of the reasons I started the UK Boating TV show was because I found this programme a little on the slowish side!

At least all the people involved have rather a lot to do with boats in general, so I hope the interest and enthusiasm for the subject comes through!

Edited by ChrisG

• 1 year later...
we have just stopped at Braunston today and saw the Dover moored in the marina, it was a great pleasure to see her there in all her glory so i had to take some pics to prove it was her

Is it still up for sale at the same ridiculous price?

BIggles