Small radiators

Featured Posts

I have been reading with interest recent threads on central heating systems run from the engine, all very helpful (in particular this and this).

I would be grateful for advice on sourcing small single panel radiators: the smallest I can find on general plumbing websites are 400mm long x 300mm high x about 60 deep.

Has anyone found any smaller than this? (apart from very expensive designer rads, which I don't want).

Many thanks

Simon

[background: my winter project is to install a couple of radiators in the back part of the boat - the front half is amply heated by the stove. We have an unused heat exchanger on our Mitsubishi engine - between thermostat and skin tank. The calorifier is connected to the bypass circuit ie before the thermostat. So all I need to do is replace the blank end caps on the heat exchanger with normal ones, install a small pump, header tank, a mix of flexible, copper and plastic pipes (15 or 22mm - not quite sure which yet), and a few valves to fiddle with. We had this on the previous engine, with a ridiculously expensive pump made by BOLIN - still in production - but lost it when the back half of the boat was replaced. Some of the locations on the boat that I am thinking of using are quite constricted]

Edited by Scholar Gypsy