Tracer mppt wiring connectors

lexicon

Featured Posts

Just put the wires into the holes and do the screws up. :) Looking at this pic it appears there are 'wire protector' tabs underneath the screw thread:

45A-Tracer-4215RN-MPPT-Solar-Controller-3.jpg

If so having undone the screw so it's retracted from the hole, they may need gently prising up to let the wire strands in. If the wire is still a little too big then try neatly cutting a few strands off.

If the wire's still way tooooo big then post back here for Plan B...

EDIT: Are they like these? :

121506.jpg

1.0x0.jpg

If they really are that small you could try yellow or blue pin crimps or the thin blade crimps, the yellow will accept up to 6mm2:

pin.jpg

blade_term.png

So, it depends on what sort of screw terminals the controller has, a photo would help. A look on Ebay for 'yellow crimps' will show up a wide range.

cheers, Pete.

~smpt~

Edited by smileypete

I have this MPPT. I used very large wire probably about 7mm diameter of copper and it clamped down fine without ends. Have a look at my blog search for MPPT or look about May / June last year

Thanks did it that way and all working fine now. :)

Nice to see the readings on the remote display.

Hi looking for advice on what connectors are best for the ends of wiring to fit a tracer mppt controller? Seem quite small holes to insert into with a screw over the top.

What have others used?

I'm puzzled. I've just connected up a Tracer myself, about an hour ago, and the connectors are huge. Plenty big enough for the 4mm2 cable I'm using. What size cable are you trying to insert?

MtB

6mm2 solar panel cables and 10mm2 to batteries.

They fitted easily without connectors just wanted to check what others have done as the rest of my wiring so far has used crimped on blade or ring terminals and they didn't seem ideal, didn't want to assume I could just screw onto the wire ends if it wasn't safe or I ended up wrecking a costly controller.

Eta think I thought they looked small holes as had spent the days before rigging the domestic bank up with 50mm cable and hydraulic crimper then looked at them and comparatively looked tiny.

Edited by lexicon