You know I had in my mind to take the cable away that is operated from the device within the cylinder head, then get a motorcycle throttle cable long enough to reach to where my morse control is, then by using the old AMAL choke lever I could operate the fuel idle until the engine was warm. BUT GOD HAS BEEN KIND. I went to the boat armed with 6,7,8,9 mm spanners to tackle this idle business, but before I loosened anything, I physically operated the piggyback lever assembly, giving it a few good open and close movements ( I have not a clue what they do) but when I started the engine, it was a miracle, it was purring and I have a tick-over of around 800 RPM with no rattles or shakes. I was so amazed that I kept stopping it and after a few minutes starting it again, I even gave it a fair bit of throttle to see if it still settled down to a nice idle, and it did. WOW another hurdle over and done with. Thank you all who gave your two pennyworths, I'm posting something about painting later.