Using Aluminium section

MHS

Featured Posts

7 minutes ago, MHS said:

I’ve had a really good look and can’t see anything, but happy for you to correct me. 

Depending on the height of your cockpit deck, why not fit them at gunnel height to maximise storage and create a raised seating area?

Because I want steps down to the deck area. Building at gunwale height is to high to step down from.

Hi Blackrose

i’m sure there’s a great way for you to incorporate steps in depending on the length of your bow cockpit. Do come across on to see me on Tuesday as mentioned on our messages if you can. Our bracket height is well above the gas locker height. The best photo I have of this on my iPhone is when fitting the mdf templates:

7302A3E8-593C-4A19-AEC8-C89241567B5F.jpeg

E2D07206-D1FB-4F44-96FC-F8222DC97797.jpeg

Or depending on the thickness of the bulkhead, drill partially through it and blind tap it. The vertical panels of the locker will take most of the load anyway. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve now fitted the vent to the bow door and drilled a hole for the aerial/satellite pole.

I now just need to wire brush, sand and paint inside the lockers, the bow doors and surround. 

D43F6CC7-7700-4F2E-9B72-B8FA2B50C3C0.jpeg

Edited by MHS