Christmas

blanchford

Featured Posts

Hi Blanchford and welcome to the forum.

Many companies will hire over the Christmas period but you need to bear in mind any stoppages when making a choice.

Claymoore Navigation http://www.claymoore.co.uk/ are located midway between Manchester and Middlewich(Cheshire) which gives a mix of countryside, a few pleasant villages/smallish towns and Manchester(Castlefield) which is quite pleasant and safe (for a major city)and usually has something going on over the festive period. The route is virtually lock free so is usually uneffected by stoppages.

I have no connection with Claymore, but they do have a good reputation and are very reasonable and pleasant people.

Are you from abroad?

Edited by david and julie

Welcome Blanchford. Nice to have another new member.

I have no connection with Claymore, but they do have a good reputation and are very reasonable and pleasant people.

I'll echo that response. I have no connection with Claymore either, other than having hired one of their boats (Quarry Bank Mill) a couple of years ago. Excellent boats and service to match. Nothing is too much trouble for them.

Highly recommended, and very well positioned for a week cruising in the winter.

I guess, as you asked about UK narrowboat companies, that you are from outside these shores?

Janet

Welcome Blanchford. Nice to have another new member.I'll echo that response. I have no connection with Claymore either, other than having hired one of their boats (Quarry Bank Mill) a couple of years ago. Excellent boats and service to match. Nothing is too much trouble for them.Highly recommended, and very well positioned for a week cruising in the winter.I guess, as you asked about UK narrowboat companies, that you are from outside these shores?Janet
Hi Janet. I am from the UK originally but have spent many years overseas. I'm back in the UK for a year, maybe more.Thanks for the tips everyone
Welcome Blanchford. Nice to have another new member.I'll echo that response. I have no connection with Claymore either, other than having hired one of their boats (Quarry Bank Mill) a couple of years ago. Excellent boats and service to match. Nothing is too much trouble for them.Highly recommended, and very well positioned for a week cruising in the winter.I guess, as you asked about UK narrowboat companies, that you are from outside these shores?Janet
Hi Janet. I am from the UK originally but have spent many years overseas. I'm back in the UK for a year, maybe more.Thanks for the tips everyone
Hi Blanchford and welcome to the forum.Many companies will hire over the Christmas period but you need to bear in mind any stoppages when making a choice.Claymoore Navigation http://www.claymoore.co.uk/ are located midway between Manchester and Middlewich(Cheshire) which gives a mix of countryside, a few pleasant villages/smallish towns and Manchester(Castlefield) which is quite pleasant and safe (for a major city)and usually has something going on over the festive period. The route is virtually lock free so is usually uneffected by stoppages.I have no connection with Claymore, but they do have a good reputation and are very reasonable and pleasant people.Are you from abroad?
Hi. Thanks. I looked at the Claymore site but they don't have any booking facilities for the Christmas period - the bookings stops at October. ????????????????

I looked at the Claymore site but they don't have any booking facilities for the Christmas period - the bookings stops at October. ????????????????

They definately hire over Christmas.

Edited to add the following.

Just read their site and found this on the FAQ page.

What is your cruising season?

Our price schedule indicates our main operating season but we are open for business all year round and some boats are available for hire at any time. For full details and prices please email, telephone or write.

Our boat is moored near to this company so we use them for fuel/pump-outs etc, their boats are out year round.

Whoever you use, you must book as early as possible as I believe Christmas can be a busy time.

Edited by david and julie

David and Julie,

I'd recommend that you give Claymoore a call. They DO operate throughout the winter, although it may not be advertised on their website.

I asked about hiring a boat in December a while back -

Hire boats in December

There were a few possible comanies mentioned, but I didn't get chance to research all of them. We went to Lanzarote instead!

Janet

Hi I just found this site and wondered if anyone can tell me a UK narrowboat hire firm that will hire over the Christmas period? I'm open minded about area. Thanks

Anglo Welsh hire at Christmas and New Year. So do Middlewitch and I think Alvechurch do from some of their bases.