New moorings Leicester

Richard T

Featured Posts

New mooring pontoons have been installed at Memory Lane wharf Leicester. This is immediately above Lime Kiln lock and is not far from Belgrave Gate and the 'Golden Mile'. They are about 200m long extending the full length of the arm. I'm not certain what the intention is with them - I have heard a rumour that there may be some residential moorings on partb of them. There are currently no facilities but as CRT own the wharf anything is possible. Equally I'm not certain how secure the moorings are - there were a couple of guys fishing off them. There was a boat moored at the top of the arm on the opposite side to the pontoons. There was another boat moored on the wharf - it moved off as we worked the lock.

IMG_3333.JPG

IMG_3336.JPG

I've heard that C&RT want to get some permanent moorers there as well as visitors.  The idea is that the permanents will provide a bit of security.

There should be a water point there but you might need a machete to get to it