Crane out for survey 60ft by 10ft Lee or stort

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Craig Campbell said:

Had my survey done there yesterday, Rob and the chaps where great and the boat passed the survey, thanks for the picture

That is good news - could you explain what you mean by 'passed the survey' ?

As far as I was aware there is no pass or fail (not like a car MOT) The survey just gives you a list of 'problems' and then you decide if they are important enough to worry about, or not.

For example : is a base plate of 6mm acceptable to you, is a baseplate of 5mm acceptable to you, or is a baseplate of 4mm acceptable to you. There is no specification to which they must either pass or fail, the surveyor simply reports on what he finds and you make a decision based on those facts.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

On 12/04/2018 at 13:07, bizzard said:

There is also Stanstead Abbots marina on the Lee, but I'm uncertain of their cranes capacity.

Their crane is out of action. They hire a crane in at certain times. They could possibly at a cost hire a crane big enough for wide beams. I’ll try and find out. Be daft if they didn’t. There’s a lot of wide beams down here.