Sky Q and multi room

loubyscooby

Featured Posts

Just a question about Sky. I already have Sky+ on the boat and use a magic eye to watch the same channels on a tv in the bedroom. I use a Vucube sat dish. My question is has anyone upgraded or is using the Sky Q box and a multi room box. Did you need to change your dish and do you have the box plugged into WiFi. My box at the moment isn’t connected to the marina WiFi I have but gives me all I need. Thanks in advance.

Is Sky Q the one that allows you to record 6 channels while watching a 7th ?  

I can't understand why anyone would need that - with the plethora of plus 1 channels and all the catch up methods (iPlayer, ITV Player, All4 and Demand 5 etc) who is going to have the time to watch everything you can store? Nevermind the amount of bandwidth it's going to use.

Sky Q makes it easier to add TV to other rooms, as it uses WiFi to connect the slave boxes to the master box, so you can watch different channels in different rooms without haveing to run cable to them.  I would not think you could do that through marina WiFi as I would hope that they have client isolation set on that.  You would need to have your own WiFi router that the Sky boxes connect to.