'Boat Plumbers'

Mohsen

Featured Posts

I'm looking for a plumber, which experience fitting diesel fired boiler or ideally ITR Hurricane Heaters, who is happy to travel to the Stansted area. I've done the donkey work, so just need some down for a day. I could attempt it myself but at this stage I'm happy to pay for someone with skills to finish the job. Anyone (know anyone) ?

7 minutes ago, Mohsen said:

I'm looking for a plumber, which experience fitting diesel fired boiler or ideally ITR Hurricane Heaters, who is happy to travel to the Stansted area. I've done the donkey work, so just need some down for a day. I could attempt it myself but at this stage I'm happy to pay for someone with skills to finish the job. Anyone (know anyone) ?

Calcutt boats fit them so they may send someone down for you. They were very helpul when mine went tits up. Worth a fone call.

I think you need to define more closely what you want done.

You say you've 'done the donkey work'. Does this mean the boiler is fixed in place, the flue installed, diesel tank installed nearby, any electrics all done, radiator circuit and calorifier installed and just need connecting to the boiler?

If you've done all that donkey work why not just connect up the boiler yourself?

5 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I think you need to define more closely what you want done.

You say you've 'done the donkey work'. Does this mean the boiler is fixed in place, the flue installed, diesel tank installed nearby, any electrics all done, radiator circuit and calorifier installed and just need connecting to the boiler?

If you've done all that donkey work why not just connect up the boiler yourself?

The following still needs to be done.

1) Pressure testing the system for leaks
2) Siting the aerator (I’m not exactly sure where this is supposed to go)
3) Setting up the boiler diesel feed in and return
4) Filling and testing the boiler
5) Plumbing the engine cooling to the calorifier coil
6) Plumbing the boiler to the calorifier coil
7) Installing a heat exchanger system to take hot water from the engine to heat the rads, incl limit stat, motorised valve, etc. As seen in the link below:

http://boatbuildblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/last-tuesday-i-set-about-installing-new.html