Overnight moorings Chester area

CaptAWOL

Featured Posts

Hi

Shortly I will be setting off from Chirk for about 3 weeks cruising and I intend doing the Cheshire ring. One slight problem I have, is that I need to be in Liverpool on the 5th night of my cruise. One solution would be to moor in the Chester area and get the train to Liverpool (Wirral Line), for this I would need to be leaving the boat unattended for one night. Does anybody know of any secure moorings in the area, or have any suggestions on how to overcome this

Many Thanks

I've never had a problem mooring in Chester. Saturday nights get a bit wild but.......

The basin below the Northgate staircase is a lot better now than it used to be. Anywhere around Christelton is safe as far as I'm aware.

I don't think Chester is any less safe than anywhere else. For every bad experience you see reported there are hundreds that never knew there was a risk if a problem

Hi

Shortly I will be setting off from Chirk for about 3 weeks cruising and I intend doing the Cheshire ring. One slight problem I have, is that I need to be in Liverpool on the 5th night of my cruise. One solution would be to moor in the Chester area and get the train to Liverpool (Wirral Line), for this I would need to be leaving the boat unattended for one night. Does anybody know of any secure moorings in the area, or have any suggestions on how to overcome this

Many Thanks

Last time I moored in the basin at Chester it was a pleasant night. I left my boat unattended from mid afternoon until about 1am. It was a bit noisy from the pub across the other side, and there was a group of street drinkers lurking around nearby, but they were a good natured lot and I reckon the boat was probably safer with them nearby than otherwise.

Alternatively but a bit further away, you could moor in Nantwich, get the bus or train to Crewe, and then train from Crewe to Liverpool. There's almost always plenty of boats around on the visitors moorings there, so there'd be someone to keep an eye on yours.

Edited by g0n