First time 2pac

haza

Featured Posts

Been in dry dock since Friday   ..and I got to say we done a great job on the boat even if I say so myself ,it was the first time we have used  hempadur 2pac gave it it 3 coats but was told 2coats would have done ,,but I had plenty over ,,i had heard so many story's the pros and cons , went round all the weld and tricky places with a paint brush ,,he followed me with a roller first coat done ,next day  same procedure ,but the other way ..turned out pretty good well it did to look  at any way  .was told it won't need doing for about 7 years ,but to be honest I don't think anything would last that long  so in two years time boat will come out ,,if good it will come out two years later ,,as I think four years maybe about right ,,,in less there is anyone out there  who has used this covering and could give me more info , the boat before this we used bitumen ,if I had got to choose between the two ..it would be 2pac every time  

My boat was blacked with 2 pack over zinga from new.

The original owner had an out of the water insection at 3 years. All well.

I bought the boat at 7 years old, survey showed blacking still to be perfectly sound, although the boat hadn't done many hours.

I took the boat out of the water to be blacked this year, after a further 3 years of average use.  (Boat now 10 years old). The yard called me to come and have a look.

Apart from needing new anodes, the blacking was still sound apart from a couple of places on the stem post and rubbing strakes, all above the waterline. Advised to leave it for another 2 years, then re-black.

I think your 2 year inspection scheme is too cautious. I would inspect every 3 years.

Edited by cuthound
Phat Phingers

Thanks for that cutthroat ,before this blacking the boat was last 2 packed fours years ago ,,,this time around the guy I had the boat off kindly came along to have a look at what state it was in ,,he said there was not a lot of change  from 4 years ago and thought I could have waited another couple of years ,but I got piece of mind now ,so I will take your advice and look again in 4 maybe 5 years time  regards 

56 minutes ago, haza said:

Thanks for that cutthroat ,before this blacking the boat was last 2 packed fours years ago ,,,this time around the guy I had the boat off kindly came along to have a look at what state it was in ,,he said there was not a lot of change  from 4 years ago and thought I could have waited another couple of years ,but I got piece of mind now ,so I will take your advice and look again in 4 maybe 5 years time  regards 

I'm neither cheap nor a pirate I'll have you know :lol: Lol.