Featured Posts

If you get an answer of yes or no where does that get you?

If this is related to a problem or something that concerns you it may be more productive to explain that as well because the Barrus Shire range also use twin stats so would suffer similar problems. In fact I suspect they may use an identical thermostat housing.

Tony hi 

I haven't yet found a shire with the same housing.

My problem is that after much research I'm realising mine isn't plumbed correctly

What I really need to know is what taps / outlets run to where ? 

My two red taps currently feed and return from calorifier and im sure the return should go back to pump side 

Many thanks 

Lets hope someone with a Shanks can reply. If not phone Barrus.

It might be correct because all engines need to circulate coolant through the engine while it is warming up. They often do this by a drilling from the bottom of the thermostat housing into the water pump inlet chamber. If your second tap is fitted into such a drilling then it is on the "back to pump side". This is  based on general principles and is not Shanks specific.

If you have any diagrams for the housing internals and the surrounding area in the manual scan/photo it and post it so I and other scan have a look and advise.