My boat, but not on my boat, pangs of frustration

NB Lola

Featured Posts

I have been a boat owner for a while but not yet ready, or able, to use the boat more than for holidays or at weekends.  When I get out onto the cut my stress levels dissolve, I look out for the illusive Kingfisher and muse about what's around me.

When I leave the boat I do not want to.  When I am at home I appreciate the space and the toilet!  When I am at home I want to be on the boat.

Am I unusual (ok, yes I am) but am I unusual in feeling this way?

27 minutes ago, NB Lola said:

I have been a boat owner for a while but not yet ready, or able, to use the boat more than for holidays or at weekends.  When I get out onto the cut my stress levels dissolve, I look out for the illusive Kingfisher and muse about what's around me.

When I leave the boat I do not want to.  When I am at home I appreciate the space and the toilet!  When I am at home I want to be on the boat.

Am I unusual (ok, yes I am) but am I unusual in feeling this way?

Not at all, I came into boat ownership for all the wrong reasons ( somewhere to live) with no boat experience and no knowledge about boats and after the first few days of fear and panic I lived on cloud 9.

This didn't last long, about 5 years or so and I them became complacent and drifted onto cloud 8.5 and live there to this day.

Good isnt it? :)

• Greenie 1