Moorings/Marinas in the North East

Nick D

Featured Posts

Hi folks, if you have seen my other posting about taking the plunge and buying a boat, if and when I get one, I would like to moor it in the North EAST initially so that we can explore the waterways in this area before moving it to another area in a few years time.  The problem that I have is that I can't seem to find all possible moorings shown in one place.  I know that CART have their moorings listed on their website, but I was thinking that a marina mooring might be better for us initially although I can't seem to find a single source that shows all marinas.  Can anyone point me in the best direction to start this search?  By way of background, I will be looking for a leisure mooring and will hope to go on extended cruising of around a month at at a time for 4/5 months a year.  Any help/advice apppreciated for a newbie. 

Edited by DHutch
changed from North WEST

Sorry, I meant North East as we live near Skipton but for the first few years would like to explore the Aire & Calder, Ouse, Pocklington, Huddersfield etc. I have alaways had trouble with left and right so can see that navigation could be an issue!

Edited by Nick D

11 minutes ago, Nick D said:

Sorry, I meant North East as we live near Skipton but for the first few years would like to explore the Aire & Calder, Ouse, Pocklington, Huddersfield etc. I have alaways had trouble with left and right so can see that navigation could be an issue!

In which case: https://www.google.co.uk/search?sclient=tablet-gws&site=&source=hp&q=Yorkshire+marinas&oq=Yorkshire+marinas&gs_l=tablet-gws.12..0j0i22i30k1l2.2699.11094.0.14369.17.17.0.0.0.0.356.2259.5j9j0j2.16.0....0...1.1j4.64.tablet-gws..1.16.2256...0i131k1.AK_uZvhMAMY#istate=lrl:xpd

Try Lemonroyd  on on the A&C. Good access to all the areas you mention. Have a look at the link below. Shows you a bit about it. The second video which was later in our trip has some footage of Lemonroyd on the return journey (with drone). 

Edited by tonyt40

I think there is some space free at Clarence dock but you may need to phone CRT to put on the mooring site.   There is no free parking here but it's good for the train station.  Woodlesford is also a CRT mooring with parking and near a station, and I would ask CRT rather than rely on the site.  A good place to look for moorings is look at canalplan site and tour the canal you want.