going on a mission

gaggle

Featured Posts

going the boat today and hope not to be back for a while ,kids off for a week then it aint worth coming home before the trip up the mersey which will be till about 18th june, 3 weeks being pounded by the wash from speeding narrowboats ,i wonder how i will survive the ordeal or if i will survive at all .

all bits and pieces are lashed down with stout ropes so they should be able to withstand a wash in excess of 4 inches on the canal , i should imagine the mersey will be calm by camparison if the tales about narrowboats racing down the cut are to be believed.

now i am off to save the world ,

going the boat today and hope not to be back for a while ,kids off for a week then it aint worth coming home before the trip up the mersey which will be till about 18th june, 3 weeks being pounded by the wash from speeding narrowboats ,i wonder how i will survive the ordeal or if i will survive at all .

all bits and pieces are lashed down with stout ropes so they should be able to withstand a wash in excess of 4 inches on the canal , i should imagine the mersey will be calm by camparison if the tales about narrowboats racing down the cut are to be believed.

now i am off to save the world ,

You couldn't leave a long list of random gaggleisms that from time to time we can select an inappropriate or irrelevant one to cut and paste in, when a thread is starting to lag a bit, could you?

Have a nice trip ;):cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

quick dart home today for a few bits before moving along towards bootle docks , lots of boats already passing us by on the way to the mersey.

some local, some not so local , meanwhile we are just fishing ,drinking and generally hanging around doing very little that could tire us out.

lots of good fishing this week with bream coming out in big numbers and sizes but perch rudd and carp have not been shy about taking the baits.

some t**t stole two carp rods and landing and keep net off the boat roof while we slept but blame meself for allowing the kids to be lazy by leaving them out for the night.

never mind lesson learned i hope.

so its back to the boat tonight and away once again.