New chimneys!

bumblebee

Featured Posts

What about the Little Chimney Company? Where are they now?

They should be somewhere on the Coventry Canal between Hopwas and the start of the Ashby, and in the summer they are usually on the Ashby.

After having bought a chimney from a well known Chandlers which rotted very quickly I bought a stainless steel one from these people (who will measure an make one to fit if needed) and 3 years later it's doing fine. Top quality job.

Here's their website and a link to a thread on here last year.

http://www.littlechimneycompany.co.uk/

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=78521

Our current one, bought last autumn from Mid. Swin., seemed too small at first. I placed it atop the collar, put a piece of 4" X 2" across the top of the chimney, and hit the wood repeatedly but fairly gently with my mooring mallet. It bedded down within a couple of minutes and, amazingly, with a bit of wiggling it came off again too! It's been fine since.

if you want a proper British one, Adrian Brindle trades as Albert's Chimneys. Telephone 07956 675581, e-mail albertontour@outlook.com. These details are from his business card, given to me when we moored next to him during the summer.

I made my own from piece of galvanised sheet steel from the local scrapyard, all folded seams and pop rivets, painted and all, made especially long to get above the wheelhouse roof, brilliant job, took it to France last spring, b****** thing didn't fit. Conclusion. Chimney collars get bigger when you aren't looking.