Jump to content

Featured Posts



We are renovating currently and in dire need of replacing the gas pipework. The current stuff has been removed but it was soldered together (!!). We have all the new pipework but just need someone qualified to fit it together, hook up our boiler and possibly convert our range to LPG (currently natural gas), although we could do this ourselves and can live without the oven for now if necessary.

I'm aware there are a few threads on this topic but they're quite out of date.






Link to comment
Share on other sites

Being on 'natural gas' - Is this a 'houseboat' ? (ie permanently connected to gas, sewage and water).

If it is, then I believe that 'domestic' installation rules apply, rather than 'boat rules'.


If it is a 'boat', and it is a liveaboard then GSIUR regulations apply.


If it is a 'boat' that is not a liveaboard then GSIUR rules do not apply, and installation in accordance with BSS would be applicable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi again!

It's a houseboat that we are moving to full time and are giving up our flat in North London in November - so pretty soon!

The boat is currently in Hampton Court but we are hoping to move to the River Lea in the next couple of weeks.


Edit: the cooker has been recently acquired and has not been used aboard before.

Edited by scatartist
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.