First in a series of possibly dumb questions!!! - Seasonal Moorings

Ex-Member

Featured Posts

Re: Barby moorings,,,on their website it says 20% off annual mooring so I check what the tarif is (£1950) wow me thinks that is a good price, after ring them up it teuns out they have already applied the discount to the traif,,,,I think this is mis-leading and given their history. Still a very basic marina for the money.

Anyways we have decided on Ventor Marina which is part of the castle group of marinas they are all very nice, well over the phone, have all the facilities and flexi-mooring as well; all for £2225.00 pa

Most people who have home moorings have to pay for the mooring even when they go for cruising the entire summer. Just the way it is my friend. You can do short term mooring but you won't be guaranteed your same mooring again when you need it someone else could have it.

Edited by Catnip King

Most people who have home moorings have to pay for the mooring even when they go for cruising the entire summer. Just the way it is my friend. You can do short term mooring but you won't be guaranteed your same mooring again when you need it someone else could have it.

yes,,,one of us can see the logic,,,the other is a skin flint,,,,thanks

I have edited the title to add 'Seasonal Mooring' so aid clarity.

We (myself and parents) move the boat every 2-3 weekends, around the system, throughout summer, and then moor in a marina for 4-6months over winter.

This is achieved by having a long term mooring at a marina of our choice, which is then detailed on the licence, however the marina are aware that we will not be there from March-Nov and give us a suitable discount for this, on the basis they can re-purpose the mooring for short term lets during summer.

As we do not live on the boat, parking is at our homes during the week, and canal-side during weekends.

Daniel

Anyways we have decided on Ventor Marina which is part of the castle group of marinas they are all very nice, well over the phone, have all the facilities and flexi-mooring as well; all for £2225.00 pa

Good choice, they are even nicer in person. We moved there in August and feel so welcome it will be hard to leave next year.