Fishing on moorings

Bewildered

Featured Posts

Is that a story you relate to impress us?

Rog

Not at all, if he had been polite I would have happily moved up (I'm an angler myself), his attitude was the deciding factor. I'm not normally that confrontational, he just pissed me off, What makes you think I'm trying to impress? I just related another fishing/boating incident, yes I did get a sense of satisfaction, If that is impressive so be it.

• Greenie 1

....., if you watch the fish (some stretches are incredibly clear) they don't seem to be bothered by the boat at all, the bigger ones just head for the weed and presumably emerge again when you've passed, the smaller ones just stay where they are. Interestingly most fish seem to live within a yard or so of the bank anyway.

When we were on the Chesterfield Canal last year the water was so clear we and we could see the fish (decent sized ones not tiddlers) swimming alongside us for quite a while, and then left us presumably when we'd reached the edge of their territory. Prior to that I'd always presumed that they scattered out of the way when a boat came along, but these appeared to be enjoying it.

Unless they were trying to chase us off of course biggrin.png