Sanimarin toilet problem

Jobsworth

Featured Posts

Hi, my Sanimarin toilet has stopped working. It made a gurgling noise just before it stopped but is now dead. The water flush/fill still works but doesn't stop when it should. There is no sound of the motor/macerator working.

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

We had this problem and found that massaging the flexible outlet tube at the back to clear it worked. Try that (it involved unscrewing the bowl from the floor and was a palaver). You could also try one of those rubber cup plunger things in the bowl. It seems there's some sort of cutout so that the blades don't turn if there's too much resistance. After this had happened a few times we used descaler. The first time we could hear the stuff fizzing and left it for ages. After that we've used descaler regularly and since have had no problem. Apart from the limescale coming from hard water I think there's some sort of crystalline deposit from the urea in pee so if you don't descale all the pipes get narrower and eventually it's too much for the blades. Of course, this probably has nothing to do with your problem but that was our experience.

We had this problem and found that massaging the flexible outlet tube at the back to clear it worked. Try that (it involved unscrewing the bowl from the floor and was a palaver). You could also try one of those rubber cup plunger things in the bowl. It seems there's some sort of cutout so that the blades don't turn if there's too much resistance. After this had happened a few times we used descaler. The first time we could hear the stuff fizzing and left it for ages. After that we've used descaler regularly and since have had no problem. Apart from the limescale coming from hard water I think there's some sort of crystalline deposit from the urea in pee so if you don't descale all the pipes get narrower and eventually it's too much for the blades. Of course, this probably has nothing to do with your problem but that was our experience.

I reckon it's worth a try. When we had a Vetus macerator, the first thing I always tried was massaging the big back pipe at the back. This involved taking out the drawer under the dinette, feeling for the hole through the bulkhead where the pipes came through, and then feeling for the right bit. But it usually worked, and was significantly less unpleasant than most other options.

Then we swapped it for a composting loo, which is better and more reliable all round.