Jabsco par-max 4 leak

Colin Brendan

Featured Posts

Depends on if you can get bits and how used you are to doing things like this.

http://www.xylemflowcontrol.com/files/0753_31xxx_wps.pdf

The manual appears to show they should not be too tricky to fix, note it talks about a service kit, but this may not fix it if the body is cracked.

(leaks are often the connections and not the pump itself - have you checked?)

Edited by Tiggs

I had a similar issue with a shurflo pump. It was leaking from where the gasket seal was. I replaced it with a whale pump which comprises of one molded unit. Job done. I was going to repair it but others on here suggested that it may still leak after repair - not sure if this is the case with the more reputable Jabsco pumps.

I think in any case though you need to trace the leak before you replace things. Run a tap with the pump exposed and you should be able to trace the leak.

Wish I had kept my leaky shurflo pump. Would have been ideal for clearing out the engine bay and would have saved me a lot of mopping!

I replace my shurflo pump when it starts leaking. My boat is full time 24/7 residential with family of 4 on board and a bath so it does a lot of hours. A friend recently told me he had successfully extended the life of a similar pump by just putting sikaflex around the seam where it was leaking. This was done while the pump was dry.

Seems like a reasonable solution may be worth trying with the Jabsco?

I used my old shurflo pump motor to propel one of my kayaks :) off topic sorry but they are quite good motors as it happens it is a shame they get binned.