boat named PETER HARRISON

pete harrison

Featured Posts

I have playing about on Google, as you do, and I have come across this boat:

Peter Harrison Built in 2012 - Length : 11.79 metres ( 38 feet 8 inches ) - Beam : 0.55 metres ( 1 foot 10 inches ). Grp hull colour : White, Superstructure colour : N/a N/A . Registered with the Broads Authority number 20557 as a Swift Quad Scull Rowing Private unpowered craft. ( Last updated on Saturday 18th July 2015 )

Has anybody come across this boat, or even better can anybody provide a photograph - and how did this boat come to be named PETER HARRISON ?

http://www.yareboatclub.org/new-design-for-gallery/the-naming-of-peter-harrison/

"THE NAMING OF PETER HARRISON: Our latest boat is named by and for an illustrious past Chairman of the club."

Well that concludes this enquiry and even includes a photograph, thank you.

Obviously I did not think for one minute that it was named after me, but we shared the name and this made it interesting to me captain.gif

By "playing around", do you mean "searching for mentions of me"? wink.png

Ed Balls!

Yes.

I was looking for a Google link that would direct somebody to a subject that I had discussed on this Forum. Probably not the best way to find the link, but a way that I understand captain.gif

It's common practice to name rowing boats after people who have given a lot to the club, either financially or with their time over the years. Having said that, our mens' eight is named Boaty McBoatface!

Incidentally, Swift boats are the East West Marine of the rowing boat world- fairly cheap, do the job, not as good as the best. Empacher, Fillippi, and others are the top end; a new Empacher eight costs around £35,000.