Insurance problem

willip

Featured Posts

Hi We are coming to the UK for about 5 months .Mid May to October, and want to buy a boat to go around the rivers and canals in the mid UK area. Have located several river/ canal cruisers online to look at .. So far so good, But on investigating Insurance I keep coming up against the Non resident thing!! :) Is there any way to insure a boat as a non resident? Was wanting comprehensive, but as we are looking at cheaper boats that also gets us into the survey hassle too. Dose a third party only policy require the boat to be suryeyed? We will of course get BSC, and Licences etc . Seems your redtape and regs are alive and well over there.. In NZ anyone can get insurance, buy a car / boat and do their thing.Cheers and Greetings [ Kia Ora]from New Zealand. WilliP

Can imagine that it feels a bit of a hassle.

Have you considered hiring instead? All the pleasures with far, far less paperwork!

Hiring for 4 or 5 months is expensive option. and being a independant cuss. I like the idea of my own boat :)

Basic boat liability don't even ask the name of the boat. The cover is third party plus wreck salvage. £69 last time I renewed. No survey, no questions, minimum cover to get the boat legal.

Basic Boat clicky

Thanks. Looked at them , They look good, but they also stipulate UK residents only.. Sent a email to them to see if they can come up with a suggestion. There must be something around. Thanks also Boaty Jo I will ring him when I get there next week if I havent got any answers by then. And yeah!!! tough bikkies about the cricket, but we still did ok.. cheers WilliP

Giday mate. or should that be "What ho chaps" Thought I'd give you the update on my insurance woes! Emailed a couple of places ,and the nice people from Noble Marine replied that they will cover me as long as it is a boat brought in the UK. So thats that little problem fixed <_< on to the next one. Cheers WilliP