Time lapse vids Northampton to Market Harborough

Ssscrudddy

Featured Posts

Hi, just thought I'd post some of my vids from my recent trip (last 2 weeks in March 2016) from Northampton to Market Harborough & back. Mostly time lapse, but the Welford arm was done in real time.

1. Time lapse 15x Gayton Junction to Whilton Marina on the Grand Union Canal on Narrowboat On Schedule! A 4 hour journey in 16 minutes. No sound.

2. Time lapse x15 Buckby top lock Grand Union Canal main line to Watford bottom lock Grand Union Canal Leicester line, on Narrowboat On Schedule! 1 hour 15 mins in 5 mins. No sound.

Edited by Ssscrudddy

3. Time lapse x15 Watford bottom lock through Crick tunnel to Crick marina Grand Union Canal Leicester line, on Narrowboat On Schedule! 2 1/2 hour journey in 10 mins. No sound.
4. Time lapse x15, Crick Marina to Welford arm of the Grand Union Canal Leicester line, on Narrowboat On Schedule! 3 1/4 hour journey in 13 mins. No sound.

Edited by Ssscrudddy

5. Time lapse x15, Welford arm junction to bridge 57 (near Foxton locks) on the Leicester arm of the Grand Union Canal, on Narrowboat On Schedule! 2 1/2 hour journey in 10 mins. No sound.
6. Time lapse x15. Bridge 57 to Foxton top lock Grand Union Canal Leicester line, on Narrowboat On Schedule! 30 min journey in 2 mins. No sound.

Edited by Ssscrudddy

7. Time lapse x15. Foxton top lock to Foxton bottom lock, Grand Union Canal, on Narrowboat On Schedule! 55 min journey in 4 mins. No sound

8. Time lapse x15, Foxton bottom lock to Debdale wharf for pumpout, back to Foxton for water, then on to Market Harborough, on Narrowboat On Schedule! 4 hour 20 minute journey in 17 minutes. No sound.

Edited by Ssscrudddy

9. Real time footage from the end of the navigation at Welford village, on the Welford arm of the Grand Union Canal, to bridge 2, on Narrowboat On Schedule!. Part 1. 33 mins.

10. Real time footage from bridge 2 to the junction with the Leicester line, on the Welford arm of the Grand Union Canal, on Narrowboat On Schedule!. Part 2. 16 mins.
Edited by Ssscrudddy

11. Time lapse x15. Gayton Junction on the Grand Union Canal, down the 17 locks of the Northampton arm, then on to the river Nene, & into Northampton marina. 4 1/2 hours in 18 mins. No sound

That log was till hanging around the top lock last week, but I must say that the arm was in the best condition I've ever seen it, by a big margin. Well done CRT. (Apart from the river basin below the bottom lock, which has another winter's silt in it and is getting perilously shallow.)

MP.

lol at that log still being there. When I went up the arm (18th March) it was overflowing with water until lock 7. The pound between lock 7 & 6 was empty, then the pound between lock 5 & 4 was nearly empty, & so was the pound between lock 3 & lock 2. I got grounded going in to lock 2. No paddles had been left open.

20160318_155148.jpg

Edited by Ssscrudddy

I bought a Hero 3+ and did some time lapse videos of our travels with it, but I can't watch more than a couple of minutes of them without getting a head ache and feeling sick.

Do time lapse videos affect any one else like this?

Andy

lol at that log still being there. When I went up the arm (18th March) it was overflowing with water until lock 7. The pound between lock 7 & 6 was empty, then the pound between lock 5 & 4 was nearly empty, & so was the pound between lock 3 & lock 2. I got grounded going in to lock 2. No paddles had been left open.

20160318_155148.jpg

when we came up, one of the top paddles on the top lock was locked open by a couple of inches to give a continuous feed and that seems to have done the trick: no low or empty pounds even though we were the first boat of the day.

MP.