Beta Jabsco pump

Bee

Featured Posts

The Jabsco pump on our Beta 43 has developed a drip, its not from the front plate gasket where the impeller lives so I assume it is from some sort of shaft seal behind the impeller. Its awkward to get at so before I start flinging nuts and circlips all over the place has anyone had to replace theirs, if so, how did the job go? Thanks in anticipation.

By Jabsco pump - do you mean you have a heat exchanger - freshwater cooled engine? There aren't many of those around...

Jabscos haven't been fitted by Beta for some time now - they fit something else.

If the above is correct, then it may well be a leak through the bearings - that's what happened to mine. But first it may well be the gasket has failed. or those irritating screws on the front have come loose - they have to be quite tight.

If the pump is old then the best thing is to remove it and replace the two drive bearings - quite straightforward - but you'll need a drift - I used a suitably sized socket and tapped gently to make sure the bearings go insquare.

Jabsco do a repair kit.

hope that helps.

Thanks, yes heat exchanger cooled, designed for hard work and a lot of river use. The engine is in the centre of the boat and the hull has frames so awkward to work in a keel cooling tank. I'll get a kit of bearings.