Norfolk Broads - River Wensum

Stephen Sugg

Featured Posts

• 4 weeks later...

Is that all we get? How about a couple of photos? Where did you go?

I went at Easter 2013, that really was cold and we were camping in a sailing dinghy!

P1000929.jpg

On that day we were head to wind so went with the outboard, huddled in the bottom of the boat to stay out of the wind!

We went from Thorpe st Marys to Norwich. Then back out to a small village where we had lunch, then back to Norwich. We repeated that twice. The boat, was shocking. I will post some pictures up when I have recovered from the diesel fume poisoning!

We went from Thorpe st Marys to Norwich. Then back out to a small village where we had lunch, then back to Norwich. We repeated that twice. The boat, was shocking. I will post some pictures up when I have recovered from the diesel fume poisoning!

Sounds interesting ....sorry to hear you had a bad boat, I have hired boats of various qualities but that sounds awful. Glad it didn't put you off altogether. I have only ever sailed the broads, I am not sure I would enjoy a cruiser as I like to be active with locks etc.

It was a 1980's broads classic. It was cheap so can't really complain but the engine was under the floor in the lounge, as it was so cold we had to the roof shut and the heater was warm air circulated around the engine! It really stank. But, it was a laugh and I will go back.