Getting rid of our Sofa Bed

Theo

Featured Posts

I ave advertised our sofa bed free to a good home here. I have had no takers and am now offering to deliver it because we need to hire a van. We could deliver it to a pace witing reasonable distance of the Shropshire Union. We are heading up towards Nantwich at the moment but when we hire the van we will be taking it south west towards Gloucester.

If you don't need it yourself I could deliver it to a charity furniture distributor but if all else fails I will have to landfill it. I don't like doing that!

Nick

It constantly amazes me how much perfectly good second hand furniture gets wasted because so many people are obsessed with buying new.

The problem tends to be worse with sofas and beds, perhaps because people are rightly wary of any with a dodgy provenance, but go on from there to make the lazy assumption that if it isn't new the risk that it has bed bugs is not worth taking. In reality, this risk is virtually zero if a little common sense is applied.

A few weeks ago I saw a really nice pair of two seater sofas in the window of the British Heart Foundation shop in Croydon, I think they were asking about £100, or 10% of what they'd be new. And people say cars depreciate badly when driven off a forecourt!

As you're heading into Cheshire East the link below may collect it from you and it might well go to a good home (as did the spare sound insulation you gave me a while back did)

free delivery on CWDF toosmile.png

K

http://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/waste_and_recycling/reduce_reuse_recycle/reuse_of_useful_items.aspx