Script Error on loading pages

Featured Posts

Evening all,

I've just upgraded to Windows 10 and since then every time I click on a page on CWDF Internet Explorer brings up a box saying:

excl.png An error has occurred in the script on this page.

Line: 1

Char: 9

Error: Expected identifier

Code: 0

URL:

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

Yes No

Can any of you techies advise what this is and how to stop it, as the computer only seems to do this on CWDF?

Thanks,

Lockie.

Yes the forum worked fine on my previous version of windows (think it was windows 7).

Would rather not use another browser if I can avoid it, but if that's your advice then I'll try Google Chrome and get back to you.

Many thanks,

Lockie.

Alright, you win tongue.png. Google Chrome it is for forum browsing, no issues accessing the forums through that. Seems easy to use so should get used to it fairly soon.

Thanks again,

Lockie.

Yes, I'd gone with Internet Explorer as its what I know. Have solved the problem permanently by reverting back to Windows 8.1 (as I've now discovered it was before) as some of my other programs also seemed to be playing up. Everything now seems to be running tickety boo (fingers crossed).

Regards,

Lockie.

I upgraded to win 10 about a week ago, from win 8.1 and have had no issues, may be because we always use Chrome. Never ceases to amaze me that as pooters are supposed to be so smart yet have trouble sorting out what should be simple stuff (for a pooter)

Phil

Edited by Phil Ambrose