Hello. Its my first time!!

Jimbob

Featured Posts

My partner and I moved on to our new nb Mary H on the 8th March, and after two weeks settling in we love it.

I have been reading the forums for the last couple of months and all the discussion and advice has been a fab help in buying and moving in. Thanks. One question. When you step back onto dry land, does the whole world rock backwards and forwards for you ? :lol:

When you step back onto dry land, does the whole world rock backwards and forwards for you ?

Hi Jimbob and welcome to the forum.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, doesn't the whole world usually sway gently? :lol:

Serious answer, yes it does, but why does it when there aren't any waves?

My partner and I moved on to our new nb Mary H on the 8th March, and after two weeks settling in we love it.

I have been reading the forums for the last couple of months and all the discussion and advice has been a fab help in buying and moving in. Thanks. One question. When you step back onto dry land, does the whole world rock backwards and forwards for you ? :lol:

Yes - we call it "leg-lag"

Hi Jim.

Congratulations on moving onto your NB Mary H. May you have many happy years living aboard and cruising.

I have never had any problems with the rocking once back on dry land, but everyone is different as I have already read.

Happy cruising...........

yep!

I remember this well.....as it was my first time less than a year ago - I rmember going back to my house and feeling very odd whilst standing in the kitchen making a cuppa. I thought to myself "bugger....I hope I don't feel like this every time I get off the boat" - anyways, its lasted about 2 weeks and then stopped happening altogether.

nic

Welcome matey and I aint jealous at all - not one little bit

Pint in at the Virtual Pub for you if you aint visited yet

And yes it is normal - I quite like it actually

We usually notice it when we make the first coffee stop on the way home after a week’s holiday trip. We (all 6 of us) all stand slowly swaying in the queue like a boaters re-enactment of the guys in the Job Centre queue in 'The Full Monty'

It's in no way as bad as seasickness - just a gentle listing to port and starboard - I kind of like it.

Can relate to this. I had the same experience sitting at my desk soon after moving in.

Can recall twice this happened, firstly standing in a Petrol queue (for car) and have also had the seasickness feeling while trying to sleep!

Wouldn't be so bad but I am also a sea sailor (dinghy/yacht boats) so godness knows why it struck me, but its a weird feeling that goes away after 2 weeks!!