Bathroom overhaul advice please...

Featured Posts

Hello all...

Well, I finally concede my wife is right, and the boat needs a new bathroom- It currently has an old but perfectly functional Thetford cassette loo (bench style) which we will keep, but the small bath (Whale Gulper pump) and sink have to go, along with a modern spruce up all round. I am thinking of a small quadrant shower cubicle and a repositioned small hand basin which can be used without banging our heads on the tumblehome walls! Open to all ideas except a walk through. I am probably not going down the DIY route for this one.

I have been given a mobile number from a forum member but not getting any response from the number. Can anyone offer any tips and also possibly recommend a competent fitter to inspect and advise - i am in N Shropshire.

Cheers.

i cant give any such advice , but have a question : why the need to get rid of the Gulper pump ? i have one to empty my shower & my understanding is theyre the best pump available . If u rip out the bathroom to start again fine , but if the pumps still functioning either hang onto it or sell it here or ebay as im sure someone will buy it . Best bet is to keep it tho & use it in whatever set up you decide on

Sound advice from Chubby, we don't have a gulper (yet) just a normal bilge pump in a sump and it is a constant niggle that it may get clogged with hair and any other bits of my body that may drop off, gulper does not have a problem with coping with stray bits that may go down the shower waste.

Phil

Thanks guys. Sorry, I didn't explain it very well. I will of course be keeping the "Gulper" - as you say, good bit of kit, and it will hopefully cope well with a new shower installation. I think it's more a question of getting someone who can give an informed opinion on what could be done to radically improve the whole set up. I can have a bit of a bash, but like most DIY efforts, you learn from the mistakes first time around, and it has to be done right on this occasion!