Brinklow to Llangollen.

Featured Posts

Just about to head off up to Brinklow, will either set off this afternoon or tomorrow morning to Llangollen via the Shropshire Union canal. Canalplan has it down as 11 days although I'm going to take a fair bit longer than that as my children are going to get the train up to meet me at Wrenbury for the final run-in, and their school holidays don't start until the 28th July. In all I am going away for three months, I'm not sure where to go after Llangollen, I'll think about that later.

I'll post some pics if I get the chance, meanwhile any hints, tips etc about this route will be welcomed.

We're on our way up there at the moment. Currently approaching Audlem. After Llangollen we plan to head up to Chester and then Ellesmere to take a look at the National Waterways museum. Seems everyone we talk to are headed up to Llangollen before the school holidays start. It looks like you will experience the quietest time, from 28th July onwards! :)

Ken

Edited by NB Ellisiana

Just arrived in the beautiful city of Chester. Good stop at christleton, pub and park and ride into the city centre. The section from Bunbury to the Shady Oak is one of my favourite sections of canal.