Fixed Address

purple37

Featured Posts

Ok hopefully in amongst the rubbish there's some posts and members who have helped sufficiently, I appreciate at least that you've gotten back to us despite the negativity surrounding this post. I think some members need to have a word with themselves.....

As you have discovered "of no fixed abode" isn't helpful when you want anything. The freedom to cruise takes away the features of stability. Also it rubs out your credit rating dramatically, not being on the register of electors can be a problem too, because lots of credit checked purchases look on electoral register searches. (typically mobile phones).

exscuse me no i did not have a bank account when i got benifits and im not a con artist, im female just to add to this, also i got my benifits put into a post office card account but these type of accounts are only to receive your benifits,the only reason i wrote this as a first post is because i genuinly did not know what to do.so dont appreciate the mean comments.

Ok, Can you give us a little more information so we can help. It says on your profile you are at 'melonroyd marina' - am I right to think this is Lemonroyd Marina? Because they do have residential moorings and if your mooring is residential their should be no barrier to either registering with a doctor or receiving benefit payments and setting up a bank account should not be any different to anyone else.

If you are a continuous cruiser I have less knowledge of how to overcome these difficulties, however, this link may help. http://kanda.boatingcommunity.org.uk/gp-practice-registers-boater-at-surgerys-address-following-complaint/

The same website has a lot of links of where to go for advice - http://kanda.boatingcommunity.org.uk/category/community-2/lifestyle/welfare-benefits/

I hope these give you somewhere to start to help you.

I cant believe this forum sometimes

Me neither! When we first moved aboard there was loads of stuff which is obvious now that we were unaware of. This forum was of immense help to us during our steep learning curve. Now we have a new member asking politely for help and is accused of phishing, accused of sinister motives, told to go back to a house and think again - you hang your heads in shame, or even better either offer helpful advice or say nothing. I'll bet a lot of those slagging off the OP had their unprepared moments when they moved aboard.

What's wrong with giving someone the benefit of the doubt? Why be so judgemental and nasty to a complete stranger who has politely asked for your help? I'm guessing there's dyslexia involved here as well.

Option one - deride the newbie, offer no valuable advice brand them as trolls or non researched enough to possibly deserve the life we are enjoying.

Option two be helpful, offer the wisdom of your experience.

If the OP isn't genuine the worst thing from option two is ... Actually there are no negatives. The negatives from option one is that someone needing help has been driven away from a valuable source of information.

Purple stick with the forum - I promise this is a more valuable resource than most of the posts that have gone before would imply. Once you've made 5 posts people can message you.

Edited by Ange
  • Greenie 2