Dolly Dakin

Featured Posts

Just received a phone call saying Dol Brown better known to some on this forum

as Dolly Dakin has sadly passed away & has now gone a boating to that great cut in the sky.

another of the working boatmans history sadly left us .

I have posted this in History & heritage section because to me she was part of the Hanwell flight history

& part of my History & Heritage .

Just received a phone call saying Dol Brown better known to some on this forum

as Dolly Dakin has sadly passed away & has now gone a boating to that great cut in the sky.

another of the working boatmans history sadly left us .

I have posted this in History & heritage section because to me she was part of the Hanwell flight history

& part of my History & Heritage .

What relation (if any) was she to john ?

Hi Jeanette,

We've been away from UK canals for a long time as you know and are very out of touch. Is Billy Brown still with us?

Tam

Uncle Billy died about 13 years ago now . Billy was raised by my Godparents the Sibleys &

was very much a part of my growing up he was also best mates with my Dad & Benny Nixon who between them in there younger years would go into

Yewsley & pick fights with the Yanks from the base there. but I expect you would have heard this many years ago from Uncle Eli

Edited by jeannette smith harrison

What relation (if any) was she to john ?

related via two seperate connections if memory serves me right would need to look at the family

tree's when I return home for exact answer John is @ Braunston getting ready for next w/end if you see him ask

Ah, now realise that glenvar was not taking about John Dakin!

Mr Boswell, I'm now guessing?

Ah, now realise that glenvar was not taking about John Dakin!

Mr Boswell, I'm now guessing?

I was talking about john daikin, kennys brother, they lived in the hanwell area, Kenny I believe lived in a cottage on the flight. John the last time I spoke to him lived at park royal. Characters to say the least

I was talking about john daikin, kennys brother, they lived in the hanwell area, Kenny I believe lived in a cottage on the flight. John the last time I spoke to him lived at park royal. Characters to say the least

The last I heard last year time John Daikin was still alive & still living @ the same place in Park Royal. have not heard anything of Kenny for some time but will make a phone call later to try to find out for you. my main contact & knowledge of the family was Dolly once she married Billy Brown. I do know that some of the next generation of the family now live in Aylsbury.

Very Sad, but she must have been a good age. I remember Dolly well from the 1960's when she was on the "Piling Boats" Aynho and Ayr with Billy Brown, along with most of her 13 children. She was quite a (large) character, always with a joke and a cheerfull smile.

I met her son,John Dakin, again in the late1990's when he was working for BW on maintenance, and he told me that Dolly and Billy had retired and were living in Harefield.

Edited by David Schweizer