Portable and collapsible pressure shower

Québec

Featured Posts

Saw this in the weekend newspaper, in an article on camping equipment, and thought it might have some handy uses on the cut. Apparently you fill it with water, leave it in the sun for the day to warm the water, step on the foot-pump, and have a shower. It's available in the UK.

(No connection, just thought it might be of interest)

http://www.nemoequipment.com/product/?p=Helio+Pressure+Shower+(Grey)

Edited by Québec

I used to live in a trailer on an old dairy in Dorset, I got one of those pressure spray bottles and attached a shower head to it, sprayed it black and used to fill it up and leave it on the roof, perfect shower temp and pressure.

This thing looks good, a little slicker than my bodge!

Not sure you're right there Québec I think there has to be a connection if only between the water tank and the Sun. blink.png

All seriousness apart I bought something less posh about 25 years ago. It was advertised in the same glowing terms. but lacked the foot pump.

It was a large plastic sack, black in colour to absorb the heat and supposedly silver inside to keep it reflected in.

You laid it out on the roof of your boat amongst all the other detritus one has tastefully strewn around ....... bits of trees that you'll never get around to sawing up .... Garden Gnomes dropping their pants ...... dead plants and other traditional canal memorabilia.

The best day to do this was the longest day, because you needed as much time as possible to get it above shiver temperature. Actually the first time I used it I was quite impressed at the heat it stored, but I nearly destroyed it as I peeled it off the hot steel roof. So next time I placed it on a rubber mat, by the end of the day it was only warm, so I concluded it was more the heat from the roof that was doing anything.

Still perhaps the laws of Physics or The Sun have improved during the last 25 years, one thing is for sure though, after that time I'm ready for another shower.