indian liners and a jp3 on ebay

londonron

Featured Posts

Also an indian advert which ive not seen before. Steel jp liners. What is the opinion on non Crome liners?

The liners not being chrome wouldn't be the top of my concerns list if intending on using them as most engines are not chrome and having the chrome has both its benefits and negatives. My first concerns having seen and measured up many of the Indian parts is firstly is it actually dimensionally correct and a second part of that decent quality machining, also is it made of the right material.

I have found on numerous occasions when the Indian companies send us samples trying to get us to buy various parts that they are either dimensionally incorrect, poorly machined or made of chocolate/cheese. or a combination of all three. annoyingly.. occasionally a part turns up that is spot on but they don't seem to have the QA to repeat it so the next item from the same manufacturer is not OK hence we just don't bother.

As OEM liners are available from various sources or if your inclined there are a number of good quality liner manufacturers in the UK just get the real thing and you wont have to worry about all of the above. Incidentally if your do use chrome liners but end up using Indian ring sets be careful that the top ring supplied in the set isn't chrome. as chrome ring on chrome bore spells very poorly engine fairly soon after starting. but a chrome top ring on a non chrome bore is fine.

Edited by martyn 1

my mate who knows about these things told me the same with the crome ring crome bore thing but couldnt remember which way around. So you have taught 2 people there martyn (and a few in here im sure)

My engine started a bit better by the way however the first hour was a bit smokey which i expected as you had told me. The next day we nipped up the head bolts due to a tiny spot of water leaking and started it and now its really smokey. So i reckon i shall be taking it apart again which wont take long now i understand it and doing the liners.