Bosch auto ignition boiler

Ratty & Moley

Featured Posts

Hi Folks,

Last summer we installed a new boiler on our Springer .. It's a Bosch with automated ignition when the hot water tap is turned on. I've replaced the batteries in case they were flat, let it run for ages so the air locks can pass, but I still don't hear the clicking of the ignition ?? Am I doing something wrong. It's a brand new boiler installed by the chap who did our gas safety certificate. There is a control lever which needs to be in over to the left and a switch which needs to be on. Any thoughts or ideas as to what the problem could be ? Thanks

Aileen

I imagine you mean an instantaneous water heater rather than a boiler. (To us gas bods the difference is huge. Until recently we even had to have different qualifications to work on each!)

What model of Bosch boiler is it? (Oops!) Then I can look up the manual and give you some proper specific advice about how to fix or get this fixed.

Is it still under guarantee?

MtB

Hi Mike,

Not sure on the model ... I will have a look this weekend when we go down to the boat. It's new, less than a year old so I would hope it's covered under guarantee ... Now to try and dig out the paperwork. Thanks for replying :)

Stoke of luck Mike I found the receipt! It's a Bosch W1359 LPG Water Heater purchased 21st July 2014 so hopefully still under warranty

Electronic ignition? I'd check and clean the battery contacts. Think torches.

Thanks guys will give it a go to clean the battery terminals ... Just rang Bosch - Worcester tech helpline .. They said it could be the micro switch that needs adjusting ...??? Not raising itself high enough to create the spark for ignition .. At least it's still under warranty albeit only for another 2 months .. But thanks for your support and suggestions :)

Thanks guys will give it a go to clean the battery terminals ... Just rang Bosch - Worcester tech helpline .. They said it could be the micro switch that needs adjusting ...??? Not raising itself high enough to create the spark for ignition .. At least it's still under warranty albeit only for another 2 months .. But thanks for your support and suggestions smile.png

There'll be a capacitor there somewhere too that transforms the low dry battery voltage to high voltage for the spark. Like what an ignition coil in a car does.

I assume you have checked that there is gas there is no valves turned off for the winter?

Absence of gas would not prevent the ignition from sparking, which is the problem the OP reports...

Good suggestion otherwise though!