K&A Cruise Diary

Daryl

Featured Posts

Hi All,

I want to apologise about being so slow getting my cruise diary finished. Unfortunately once I left Finland I had very little access to computers. This problem has been compounded by the fact that once I did get back to Australia I've had trouble with my home computer.

I have recently posted Day 3 and this will quickly be followed by Day 4. I hope it hasn't been too boring a read - it was really quite an adventure for us.

Regards - Daryl Blake

A good read Daryl - hope you enjoyed it. You should try it in the summertime in good weather. It does make a difference :cheers:

it took me AGES to find where you had posted it, and then I discovered this whole new section I had no idea existed... so in I pop and low and behold I have actually started a topic AND posted in it... you learn something new everyday! :)

I shall enjoy reading about your travels.

then I discovered this whole new section I had no idea existed...

I know. Can't understand why there aren't just two sections. General Boating for all boaty, and other interesting chat......and Technical for all the boring stuff "My engines stopped. What do I do" etc.

Malcom and Allan,

Thanks for you're comments. I wanted to add some colour to our story and highlight the challenges that we faced, that's not to say that it wasn't a facinating journey and I'm really looking forward to our next cruise, though I may be doing it on my own. Any volunteers?

Daryl

An absolutely brilliant diary Daryl. If only diaries were always as much fun to read as yours. Can't wait to read about day 4

Allan

Malcom and Allan,

Thanks for you're comments. I wanted to add some colour to our story and highlight the challenges that we faced, that's not to say that it wasn't a facinating journey and I'm really looking forward to our next cruise, though I may be doing it on my own. Any volunteers?

Daryl

Daryl - if you are ever on your own, and want a holiday here, I can usually oblige. My boat will sleep two, and we could have a week or so boating.....probably from Lincoln up the Trent and Soar.

I have a spare room in my house where you are welcome to stay.

I appreciate you've a long way to come :)

Thank you for your very kind offer. I will certainly look into my next trip to the UK with the intent of a canal boat trip and let you know when I'll be there. I am now somewhat canal boat trained and can operate a lock and drive a canal boat without causing too much fear in its ocupants. I'm in the process of joining the Australian Canal Boat Society and setting up the Melbourne chapter which has one memeber at the moment - me!

I promise that if I am lucky enough to come cruising with you it wont be as eventful as the Kennet and Avon. I have been told though that if you can cruise the Kennet and Avon in winter then you should be able to handle most canals in summer. I hope this is true. I would love to do the Anderton Boat Lift and Falkirk Wheel.

Regards - Daryl

Daryl - if you are ever on your own, and want a holiday here, I can usually oblige. My boat will sleep two, and we could have a week or so boating.....probably from Lincoln up the Trent and Soar.

I have a spare room in my house where you are welcome to stay.

I appreciate you've a long way to come :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
I'm in the process of joining the Australian Canal Boat Society and setting up the Melbourne chapter which has one memeber at the moment - me!

Regards - Daryl

And the West Aussie chapter has only one -too. I am trying to persuade some of its (Sydney) members to undertake some canal art projects for my rear doors and side hatch.

No takers so far.

Doug

I'm in the process of joining the Australian Canal Boat Society and setting up the Melbourne chapter which has one memeber at the moment - me!

Regards - Daryl

Can a Geelong member join your chapter?

Regards,

John