Refractometer

ralphclaydon

Featured Posts

Two bits of advice, if I may be so bold. If you look for refractometers on eBay under garage equipment just check that you aren't looking at aquarium or wine devices and secondly there does seem to be an incredible amount of badge engineering on these things. The prices range from"b****y hell, how much?" to 15 or 20 quid, perhaps less. When you look at the enlarged pictures they mostly look identical so either badge engineering or the design departments don't have much imagination.

I have had mine for about twelve months and checking the SG is now just a bit of a nuisance rather than a complete pain.

I don't think you're being bold. It's helpful. Can you provide a link to the one you have?

I've noticed one on fleabay in a nice box, with cutout foam. I have a bit of a fetish about things in nice foam-lined boxes!

Edited by Loafer

I've noticed one on fleabay in a nice box, with cutout foam. I have a bit of a fetish about things in nice foam-lined boxes!

Describes mine but have a good look at the picture and compare it with others. They look the same to me and I can't believe that manufacturers go to the trouble of making their high quality and expensive model look identical to a much cheaper job.

Neither do I.

I'm having one. I hate all the cleaning up, with rags soaked in baking powder, then fresh water, after using a sucker doodad.

I'm convinced already that there's no real loss of electrolyte, as Nick said.

Goodnignt chaps.

Sorry, I meant Goodnight chaps.

Fingers like pigs' tits!