Mass Combi 24/4000-120 Equalisation charge

oarfish

Featured Posts

I can't manage to kick this off properly.

• Batteries are at 100%
  • DIP switches are set to 'Normal' (i.e lead acid) mode
  • I 'pulse' the DIP switch according to the manual (I assume this means on-off quickly)

Voltage slowly rises to 29.4 or so then drops back to 28 in a minute. Didn't notice any flashing panel lights, but then my head isn't in the right place. I really need to boil these batteries, has anyone managed to get a Mass Combi into equalise mode?

Edit - erm, that's a 230 not a 120. The manual is identical

Edited by oarfish

I can't manage to kick this off properly.

• Batteries are at 100%
  • DIP switches are set to 'Normal' (i.e lead acid) mode
  • I 'pulse' the DIP switch according to the manual (I assume this means on-off quickly)
Voltage slowly rises to 29.4 or so then drops back to 28 in a minute. Didn't notice any flashing panel lights, but then my head isn't in the right place. I really need to boil these batteries, has anyone managed to get a Mass Combi into equalise mode?

Edit - erm, that's a 230 not a 120. The manual is identical

Are you starting off with the batteries fully charged and no loads switched on? The EQ function is current-limited and I suspect might drop out if too much current was being taken.

I can get our mass combi 12/2500-100 into EQ mode but in my case it seems to time out after about 30 mins - but that is better than 1 minute! I now do an EQ simply by raising the voltage using Masterbus, I have a Masterview panel permanently connected which makes this very easy.

Edited by nicknorman

Charged, but not isolated. I'll try that. I'll see if I can twiddle it with the mastervolt software too. Has to be a better solution than microscopic dip switches in a tiny cupboard.

If you have an interface, using Masterbus is the easiest way, just crank up the float voltage (or absorb or bulk voltage if the charger is not in float.)