Wrong section

howardang

Featured Posts

I suspect that a number of readers and occasional contributors to this forum are, like me, getting more than a little fed up with the trend of some recent threads.

Like many others I used to like this forum for the discussions about boats and boating matters. A quick glance at recent contributions to the first section in particular, which, may I remind you, is headed General Boating, will produce a number of threads which are nothing to do with boating but with forum protocol, social aspects of the canals in relation to ethnic minorities etc etc etc. Further, it seems that any subject which is a legitimate boating subject is almost immediately hi-jacked by thoses wishing to express off topic views and the thread is quickly lost in a haze of bickering and playground point scoring or inane jocular comments.

By all means discuss these subjects but please, not on the GENERAL BOATING section. Its getting very boring. Use the Virtual Pub - isn't that what it's for?

Rant Over!

Howard Anguish

I think the best way howard is just to click 'view new posts'. That's what I do, then you rarely know what topic they are under anyway. Occasionally you will miss some, but you get the majority, and usually catch up later anyway. All the undesirable threads are either self explanetory, or you just quickly choose another.

I think we should all try hard to applaud Jon, for his fantastic forum, and the success it is achieving at the minute, and support him as much as possible. There will always be problems with 'success' but let's not knock it eh.

Every genuine poster, try to post a positive post, just ignoring the negative ones......that way the rest will quickly tire and leave.

I think the best way howard is just to click 'view new posts'. That's what I do, then you rarely know what topic they are under anyway. Occasionally you will miss some, but you get the majority, and usually catch up later anyway. All the undesirable threads are either self explanetory, or you just quickly choose another.

I think we should all try hard to applaud Jon, for his fantastic forum, and the success it is achieving at the minute, and support him as much as possible. There will always be problems with 'success' but let's not knock it eh.

Every genuine poster, try to post a positive post, just ignoring the negative ones......that way the rest will quickly tire and leave.

Malcolm, the last thing I'm doing is to knock this forum and I agree that Jon is providing a superb service. It's the way that threads get hi-jacked that I'm objecting to. Often with subjects that are nothing to do in the remotest with boating and this section is headed General Boating. :D

Howard Anguish

Malcolm, the last thing I'm doing is to knock this forum and I agree that Jon is providing a superb service. It's the way that threads get hi-jacked that I'm objecting to. Often with subjects that are nothing to do in the remotest with boating and this section is headed General Boating. :D

Howard Anguish

Yes Howard I agree entirely, however we (ALL posters, not lurkers) need to be aware not to upset too many of the forum 'characters' and sort of take everything 'with a pinch of salt'.

I've posted a lot lately, because I'm in the house, not out and about, be it boating, or anything else. And I suspect the same happens to others.

But one or two have, or will stop.

Just 'grin and bare it' (spelling wrong on purpose LOL).

After all, like me, you're intelligent enough to pick out the good bits.