Crew available, free of charge, anytime, anywhere

camperlove

Featured Posts

I'm a single retired guy, fit, easy going, mobile and available anytime for almost any job.

I have some boating experience and I'm highly technical.

Looking to gain more experience, meet new friends, buy my own boat and have some fun along the way.

Please contact me if I can help.

Wigan Flight Crew is a group on Facebook. It was set up as a place for boaters to network and help each other when taking boats up and down the Wigan flight of locks. Crew wanted, crew offered, single boats looking to buddy up to share crew and conserve water on the flight, etc. You certainly don't need a boat to help smile.pngCheck it out also for details of our meeting on Tuesday. You'll also find quite a few narrowboat groups on FB including Narrowboat Users Group which consists of people with an interest in narrowboats, both boaters and non-boaters.

Edited by Sue Lees

Wigan Flight Crew is a group on Facebook. It was set up as a place for boaters to network and help each other when taking boats up and down the Wigan flight of locks. Crew wanted, crew offered, single boats looking to buddy up to share crew and conserve water on the flight, etc. You certainly don't need a boat to help smile.pngCheck it out also for details of our meeting on Tuesday. You'll also find quite a few narrowboat groups on FB including Narrowboat Users Group which consists of people with an interest in narrowboats, both boaters and non-boaters.

Thank, will check it out and pop over in the next week or so

You don't need to go to Wigan to help people up or down flights. Just pick any flight and turn up with a bike, a windlass, rucksack and something to drink, and start offering to help boaters.

The single-handers will be especially appreciative.

MtB

You don't need to go to Wigan to help people up or down flights. Just pick any flight and turn up with a bike, a windlass, rucksack and something to drink, and start offering to help boaters.

The single-handers will be especially appreciative.

MtB

Yes good thinking I can just turn up anywhere it's busy when I'm on my travels

Yes good thinking I can just turn up anywhere it's busy when I'm on my travels

Yep, and you only really need a windlass. The bike and rucksack are just handy for carrying some food/drink and putting your coat in when it gets hot work. A boater has all these facilities on board but you won't have!

MtB

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

I am a former boater. I had five boats over a number of years and gave up three years ago. I love the canals and miss boating so I'd be interested in helping anyone out move a boat short term.

Perhaps even at short notice if someone is ill, died, or whatever I'd be happy to jump in and take your boat for you.

I've done this once or twice before travelling most of the network over the years,.

Please feel free to message me wendynwaseufood@yahoo.co.uk or text me on 07805.429670

Where are you based, and or can you travel? Typically I have little issue finding willing family/friends but from time to time find myself after second crew member at short notice and would be very happy to bear you in mind. Normally this would be for a single Saturday or Sunday but there may also be weekends.

Daniel

Where are you based, and or can you travel? Typically I have little issue finding willing family/friends but from time to time find myself after second crew member at short notice and would be very happy to bear you in mind. Normally this would be for a single Saturday or Sunday but there may also be weekends.

Daniel

Hi Daniel

I'm retired, touring in my caravan whilst looking for a narrowboat and completely mobile. However, I now realise it's not practical to just head off for a one day trip and probably need a project that's one week or more. So distance is not a problem for longer term projects if that makes sense.

In the next couple of weeks I will be driving around Lancaster, Wigan, Horwich, Todmorden, Hebden Bridge, Sowerby Bridge, Huddersfield, Selby, Goole.

In the New Year will be heading to The Midlands area to look at boats for sale..

Geoff

• 1 month later...