Pram cover up or down in big storm?

Rambling

Featured Posts

Hi Gang,

I have had Both my Bow / Cratch, and My Aft Deck / Stern covers for about 7 years now, I Normally Take them Down while at Sea, but 'Most' of the time, They are left up and in situ !.

Granted, the Stitching is strained on one of the zipps, But that's about it !.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v5rsuqar6nkmiev/2014-04-02%2010.27.58.jpg?dl=0

We left our pram cover up all last winter while the January storms were battering, and it was fine. This was at Great Haywood marina, not the most exposed site, but certainly not protected by anything large in the immediate vicinity.

ok thank you all. I have decided to go for up this time as I don't think it will be much more than 60mph. However I shall watch the very useful linky above for future storms and up to 100mph it will definitely come down.

Mike the boilerman. I have seriously been thinking of upgrading to a widebeam (in the future) and I might even have a pram cover on it. ;) tee hee

ok thank you all. I have decided to go for up this time as I don't think it will be much more than 60mph. However I shall watch the very useful linky above for future storms and up to 100mph it will definitely come down.

Mike the boilerman. I have seriously been thinking of upgrading to a widebeam (in the future) and I might even have a pram cover on it. wink.png tee hee

The technical term is "downgrading to a widebeam".