Cassiobury (GU South) closed

Daiboy

Featured Posts

For those of you in the area the above lock will be closed for about 3 days to refloat or crane out sunken boat.

It's a 45' narrow called "Peace" Reg Nº 79140.

It's here too.

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=70631

NB I think we passed you somewhere near Hemel last weeK?

Edited by mark99

It's a 45' narrow called "Peace" Reg Nº 79140.

Peace Built by Hancock & Lane - Length 13.72 metres ( 45 feet ) - Beam 2.08 metres ( 6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft 0.01 ( 0 feet ). Metal hull, power of 35 BHP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 79140 as a Powered. Last registration recorded on Wednesday 22nd May 2013.

Ah - I know it.

Originally a hire boat on the fleet that used to operate out of Cow Roast marina, (long since defunct), but in my memory used to moor within that marina.

Sold off, I would guess, maybe 6 years or so ago, and a regular on the local tow-paths since.

Well, bugger me and I did search for Cassiobury before I started this post. Sorry mods !!

Yes you did pass me as I'm presently moored between Boxmoor lock and bridge 151 adjacent to B & Q.

I recognised your boat name and suprisingly, as we whizzed past (hopefully not too fast) your Avatar..... ;)