Its a long way of but getting excited

Bigredbus4468

Featured Posts

Booked our first holiday on a narrow boat to get ACCC taste with a view to buying as a live aboard. Booked through Hoseasons but didn't think to look until yesterday at Calcutta Boats website and see some internal pictures. Looks nice although smaller than the 57ft trads we keep looking at on the brokers websites. Going Sat 16th May, handing back in Napton and heading straight to Crick.

http://www.calcuttboats.com/mint.html

Kevin, Jo and Hardy

Booked our first holiday on a narrow boat to get ACCC taste with a view to buying as a live aboard. Booked through Hoseasons but didn't think to look until yesterday at Calcutta Boats website and see some internal pictures. Looks nice although smaller than the 57ft trads we keep looking at on the brokers websites. Going Sat 16th May, handing back in Napton and heading straight to Crick.

http://www.calcuttboats.com/mint.html

Kevin, Jo and Hardy

In order not to do your fellow hire boaters (and former hire boaters wink.png ) a disservice you might want to have good lurk on here reading lots of the posts and you might want to have a look and read of this -

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/media/library/141.pdf

You get a lot of information thrown at you at handover time and it's honestly quite hard to take it all in and remember it all whilst trying to enjoy your holiday at the same time. Doing a bit of swatting up before hand can avoid some grief later on during the holiday.

This booklet just about covers the basics that you will need to know regards handing the boat and lock operation.

Above all enjoy your holiday!

We the booklet is very helpful. I have a full duplex laser printer so was able to print it out as an A5 booklet. Happy reading..

There is an accompanying video too.

Sorry about the captions, they don't show on the video on you tube but for some reason do when you paste the link here.

Edited by The Dog House

There is an accompanying video too.

Sorry about the captions, they don't show on the video on you tube but for some reason do when you paste the link here.

That video is a big improvement on the one I got when I first hired.

The one with the cockney idiot deliberately doing everything wrong to show you a bad example and what not to do

That video is a big improvement on the one I got when I first hired.

The one with the cockney idiot deliberately doing everything wrong to show you a bad example and what not to do

Ah yes I remember that, I seem to recall it compared two families, one making a complete pigs ear of it and the other doing it right.