Grindley Brook, Llangollen Canal

Rooffy

Featured Posts

Anyone know if there is a winding hole near Grindley Brook staircase on the Whitchurch side? There is nothing shown on Nicholsons 2007 edition guide before the Whitchurch Arm, but I thought wishfully that there might be.

There is a winding hole just above the top lock; and the junction with the whitchurch arm is big enough to turn a (say) 50' boat; and a winding hole at the end of the arm; and I think there's one a little beyond, in between the whitchurch arm and the hire base. Basically, there's loads. Pearson's guide is 100% accurate on their locations - if you're still stuck I could take a look at the book etc.

I've just looked in my old 2003 copy and it shows three winding holes around Whitchurch, but doesn't show the one at the top of the flight. It can get a bit tricky turning there as boats are often queuing for the locks and the winding hole is immediately above the top lock.

There is no winding hole below the flight.

Winding holeto the right shown in 1st image on my blog.

https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=1343506943808327788#editor/target=post;postID=4110344898518734045;onPublishedMenu=posts;onClosedMenu=posts;postNum=0;src=postname

Also winding hole near ABC Hire base at Whitchurch.

Edited by Andy Healey