Control Lever, advice wanted

artyfharty

Featured Posts

Hello All

The control lever device on my boat has finally died.

The internals are worn and it's seized, taking it apart revealed several plastic bushes disintegrated and bearings falling apart.

It obviously needs replacing. The unit controls a Lister SR2, there are two existing cables, throttle and gear box. The attached photo shows the stop on the cables where they enter the unit.

I'm trying to identify the cables, hopefully someone can help, are they Morse controls?

The key to this I suspect is the stops where the cables are anchored in the bottom of the control box.
Are these standard, and will any other box I buy have the same cable stop arrangement?

If anyone has a viable spare I'd be interested in buying.

Thank you.

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Morse is a trade name and the cables look like genuine Morse cables to me. I doubt the control is a Morse. However Morse is a bit like Hoover, any single lever control tends to be called a Morse control.

Almost any suitable single lever control should do the job although the mountings may be different. You may have to buy suitable cable "ends" to suit the control you buy.